Ductless Systems Do Vary By Brand – It is the Features that Differentiate Them.
All of these systems are manufactured with excellent detail. They have all stood the test of time for reliability. They all heat and cool, using very little electricity. They are all whisper quiet. They all have inverter technology. So…What’s the difference?
Let’s start with the outdoor unit (the Heat Pump):
- All of them offer single zone and multi-zone units.
- Their physical sizes are basically the same.
- They all need to be installed off the ground, at least 12” to prevent snow accumulation around them.
- One big difference is a hidden, overlooked item that is very important… the Base Pan Heater. This is a safety feature that protects the coil from cracking, causing a refrigerant leak and other major damage to the outdoor unit.
- Mitsubishi offers up to 8 indoor units to be connected to one outdoor unit.
- Carrier offers up to 5 indoor units to be connected to one outdoor unit.
- The others vary, but all of them can be designed to adequately heat and cool one room or a whole house.
The Indoor Units (Air Handlers):
- There are options for different color indoor units to match your décor. (White, Black, Smoked Mirror, Silver and there is even one that you can slip in a portrait of your choice).
- Physical Size:
- The physical size varies between manufacturers (Width, Height and Depth). The smaller air handlers are about 30” Wide x 12” High x 9” Deep.
- BTU Ratings:
- BTU ratings from 6,000 to 36,000. So you can have one 6,000 BTU Air Handler in a small room and a 18,000 BTU Air Handler cooling or heating a larger area (both units connect to one outdoor unit).
- There are rebates offered by Energize CT. $300 for qualifying Single Zone systems and $500 for qualifying Multi-Zone systems. Qualifying means, the efficiency ratings need to meet or exceed Energize CT standards.
- The price difference between brands can be hundreds of dollars. A single zone system can start as low as $3,000, installed, plus electrician cost.
Visit our showroom to see how they look, feel how they heat and cool and listen how quiet they really are.
Air, Inc. Home Comfort Showroom
104 Frontage Rd. East Haven, CT 06512
Tuesday – Friday 9:00AM – 5: PM
Saturday 9:00AM – 4:00PM
Sunday & Monday: By appointment only